author: Tim Grabham
illustrator: Gary Parsons
Do you know the difference between a close-up and a mid shot? A tilt and a pan? What does a camera’s point of view have to do with telling a story? From gathering simple equipment to outlining a script, from choosing a location to mastering the art of lighting and directing with finesse, Movie Maker offers expert guidance (and top tips from professionals) to help kids create short dramas, comedies, documentaries, and even animations. Its special features include:
* A working clapper-board/chalkboard
* A 48-page, illustrated director’s handbook
* A fill-in storyboard
* A CD of sound effects
* Costuming and props such as push-out mustaches and tattoo stickers
* Animation aids, including a push-out studio set and characters
* Premiere night essentials: push-out tickets, a poster template, and more!
Action! Open the working clapper board to find everything an aspiring filmmaker needs to make a cool movie using a digital camera or cell phone.