Metadata and Commercial Operations Assistant
Candlewick Press seeks a motivated Metadata and Commercial Operations Assistant to join our talented team. This role will have a few key responsibilities including completing and setting up our seasonal specs and copy and acting as the Candlewick support person for our Foreign Rights team.
Copy and spec duties include:
- Seasonal list set-up at distributor, Penguin Random House
- Finalize copy in our database (Biblio) for physical and e-books
- Assign keywords to our titles in MyHouse and Biblio
- Populate some key data points in our bibliographic system.
- Work with IT on making sure there are cover images for all of our titles.
- Check for data completeness on candlewick.com and in our distributor's system.
Commercial Operations/Foreign rights support responsibilities include:
- Help gather, collate, and send copy, including backlist titles and review quotes, for CP titles in the Fiction and Picture Book brochures to Walker
- Distribute and collate comments on the Fiction and Picture Book brochures for Bologna and Frankfurt
- Work with Design to ensure all Walker originated catalogs have cover images for CP titles.
- Send advances as well as library copies to Walker, and/or process F&R orders when needed.
- Send sales materials and promotional materials to the Walker office team.
- Assist with setting-up meetings and distributing notes following meetings.
- Act as a liaison between the team and the CP editors when questions about available materials arise.
- Help with Conference prep
- Act as newsletter back-up for FR.
- Provide any additional on-site support as needed.
The ideal candidate must be:
- Detail oriented and meticulous
- Able to work to a schedule and help others do so, if necessary
- Proactive in their approach to their work as well as with problem solving
- Capable of balancing priorities
- Able to work with people across multiple departments
- An excellent communicator and confident when working with data management systems
To Apply: submit a resume and cover letter (noting salary requirements when applying for a full-time position) via e-mail to email@example.com, referencing "Metadata and Commercial Operations Assistant"
back to top