Digital Content Controller
Candlewick Press is seeking a Digital Content Controller to support the creation and distribution of digital content materials throughout the publishing process, assisting with the automation, processing, storage and distribution of digital assets. The role will also assist with creation and production of video and audio projects, eBook conversion and basic management of website content. The Digital Content Controller role reports to the Digital Content Manager and is part of the Publishing Technology Team.
Image and Media Request Processing
- Assist with the seasonal processing of images, populating internal asset management systems and external vendor accounts.
- Process Special Image Requests for presentations, sales partners, media outlets etc.
- Process PDF files for a variety of programs/services
- Management and automation of web site image and media data feeds
Multimedia Content Creation, Distribution, and Reuse
- Provide support for the filming of author interviews, video trailer creation, digital display copies, etc.
- Assist with audio recordings for Podcasts, eBook narration, interviews, etc.
- Conversion of audio and video assets for web and social media
- Distribution of media for internal and external use
eBook Production and Distribution
- Support the Digital Content Manager in the conversion, distribution and management of print titles into eBook formats
Sales and Marketing Support Services
- Take product shots and record video trailers for novelty editions (Virtual Display Copies)
- Track and support the automation of PDF processing for a variety of uses
- Manage the user accounts and content of our Digital Rights Management (DRM) system
- Provide eBook sample and promo codes for staff requests
Digital Asset Management & Distribution
- Actively assist with the population of the company's digital asset management system to include archiving eBook source and final files and coordinating and facilitating the management of sales, marketing, and promotional assets.
General Technical Support for Staff
- When required, assist staff with multimedia software, peripheral equipment/devices and other day-to-day issues.
A strong understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications (specifically Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat) and strong communication and organizational skills are essential. The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of the publishing process, experience with Adobe Premiere/After Effects and a basic understanding of HTML/CSS and eBook formats.
While we are currently working primarily remotely due to COVID, this full-time role will eventually be an in-house position based in our Somerville, MA office. A comprehensive benefits package is offered including medical, dental, life and ltd insurance; flex spending and 401k plans, voluntary benefits, generous paid time off and much more! If you wish to be considered, please send a resume and cover letter noting your salary requirements in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply: submit a resume and cover letter (noting salary requirements when applying for a full-time position) via e-mail to email@example.com, referencing "Digital Content Controller"
back to top