Senior Systems Administrator
Candlewick Press seeks a Senior Systems Administrator to join our talented team. The Senior System Administrator is a core-contributing member of our infrastructure team, helping to drive the development of our global network and systems. Complex networking environments shouldn't frighten you, nor should the challenge of using a wide range of technologies to solve real-world problems. If you live and breathe virtualization, SAN's, AD/Azure, O365, network security and disaster recovery, you may be the person we're looking for - particularly if you have experience with both Window and Mac platforms.
You should be inquisitive, logical and detail oriented. You should enjoy collaborating on projects and working as part of a team as much as you do on your own. Although delivering high performing and stable systems is your main goal, providing a friendly and professional level of service to your users is just as important.
As a senior member of the infrastructure team, you are expected to lead, mentor and develop junior staff while ensuring all policies and procedures are followed to protect our systems and secure our data.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Pro-actively manage and develop the existing network infrastructure, perimeter security, telephony and predominately Windows based server systems under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure.
- Provide management and support of systems and users across an international group of sites with an emphasis on the US and Australian sites, users and services.
- Mentor Jr. System Administrator / Desktop Support roles while providing third level desktop support when needed.
- Secure and protect company data from unauthorized exposure, data leakage and loss including overseeing all backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Promote and enforce data privacy policies to ensure GDPR compliance and other privacy campaigns.
- Oversee vendor relationships, source and implement new technologies with guidance from the Director of Infrastructure.
- Work collaboratively with other IT staff and departments to research and develop hardware and software strategies, procedures and documentation to improve the efficiency and productivity of the company; including workflow, messaging and communication systems, process automation and system management techniques.
- Ensure all company IT equipment, systems and software licensing is properly tracked, compliant and documented.
- Design, orchestrate and administer in-house user training sessions for all PC and related applications.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of five (5) years commercial experience with the following:
* Windows Server, Active Directory and Group Policy
* Hybrid/Hosted Microsoft Office 365 and Azure Environments
VMware & Storage Products (NFS, NAS, iSCSI etc.)
* Perimeter security products (Firewalls, VPN's, IPS, AV/EDR/XDR, Anti-Spam systems/services etc.)
* Advanced Networking (802.1x, VLAN's, trunking/teams, complex routing, Radius, ZTNA etc.)
* Centralized desktop deployment and management systems - unified endpoint management systems (UEM) and MDM systems
* Experience with backup systems, replication and disaster recovery options
* Microsoft Desktop OS's & Office Apps
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Managerial experience
- VOIP Telephony (3CX) and Videoconferencing/chat systems (Teams, Zoom)
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, RDS, IIS
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure
Monitoring and SIEM systems
- Cross platform support skills such as Mac OS, Linux etc.
- Scripting, automation or programming experience
- Experience in the Publishing industry
This is a full-time position based in our Somerville, MA office (hybrid work arrangements will soon be available for eligible roles).
To Apply: submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing "Senior Systems Administrator"
back to top